“Everything worth doing takes time. You have to write a hundred bad songs before you write one good one. And you have to sacrifice a lot of things that you might not be prepared for.”
– Nobel laureate Bob Dylan –
My top ten quotes from an excellent blogpost by abnormal returns wisdom blog:
- Morgan Housel @morganhousel: Cut your confidence in half and double your patience.
- Peter Lazaroff @peterlazaroff: Losses are incredibly normal
- Roger Nusbaum @randomroger:: Focus on what you can control.
- David Shvartsman @financetrends: You are bound to make mistakes or endure a string of losses, especially early on in your learning curve.
- Tobias Carlisle @greenbackd: Good things really do take time
- Robert Seawright @rpseawright: Save more (a lot more).
- Andrew Thrasher @andrewthrasher: The long-term trend is your friend.
- Michael Martin @martinkronicle: Turn off the TV and read every day.
- Jeff Carter @pointsnfigures: You cannot beat the market.
- Cullen Roche @cullenroche: Your best investments are likely to be made outside of the financial markets.
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea”
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry-