By Nick Colas formerly of Convergex via Barry Ritholz
From Brent Beshore
I constantly see people rise in life who are not the smartest, sometimes not even the most diligent, but they are learning machines. They go to bed every night a little wiser than they were when they got up and boy does that help, particularly when you have a long run ahead of you.
My top ten quotes from an excellent blogpost by abnormal returns wisdom blog:
- Morgan Housel @morganhousel: Cut your confidence in half and double your patience.
- Peter Lazaroff @peterlazaroff: Losses are incredibly normal
- Roger Nusbaum @randomroger:: Focus on what you can control.
- David Shvartsman @financetrends: You are bound to make mistakes or endure a string of losses, especially early on in your learning curve.
- Tobias Carlisle @greenbackd: Good things really do take time
- Robert Seawright @rpseawright: Save more (a lot more).
- Andrew Thrasher @andrewthrasher: The long-term trend is your friend.
- Michael Martin @martinkronicle: Turn off the TV and read every day.
- Jeff Carter @pointsnfigures: You cannot beat the market.
- Cullen Roche @cullenroche: Your best investments are likely to be made outside of the financial markets.